9th Nepal Human Rights International Film Festival
Art Competition on theme ‘Covid-19 and Human Rights’.
1. Human Rights Film Center (HRFC) is organizing an art competition as part of its 9th Nepal Human Rights International Film Festival (NHRIFF)
2. Theme of the competition is ‘Covid-19 and Human Rights’.
3. The competition aims to raise awareness and conversations around human rights issues especially those raised during covid-19 pandemic. This activity will enable participants and audience to take action to tackle these issues to build back a better world.
4. Eligibility: People of age group 10-40, residing in Nepal are invited to participate. Students and youth are highly encouraged to participate.
a. The Artwork should be a drawing or a painting only.
b. The artwork should be original work of the participant and should not have been published before.
c. The artwork should be submitted by email in high-resolution quality format of JPEG or PNG.
d. Can be in vertical or horizontal format.
e. Participants are requested to mention the idea behind their artwork or how it depicts the theme in no more than 100 words.
6. Submission: All participants must submit their artwork with the entry form by email to: email@example.com with subject line “art competition-9th NHRIFF”.
7. Entry form can be downloaded here. Artwork submitted without the entry form will not be accepted.
8. Artworks that are previously published in magazines, newspapers, websites or other information materials will not be accepted.
9. Deadline to submit: 20 November 2021, Saturday, at 11:59 PM Nepal standard time
10. There is no entry fee.
11. Selection criteria: A panel of judges will review all the entries. The top 5 artworks will be exhibited in the ‘9th Nepal Human Rights International Film Festival” and the winners will be awarded with certificate of appreciation and cash prizes.
12. Results announcement: The results of the competition will be announced during closing session of 9th Human Rights International Film Festival and will be published on the official website and social media channels of the Human Rights Film Center and the winner will be also contacted by email.
13. Copyright: The HRFC as organizer of this competition reserves all copyrights to archive and use the arts submitted for the HRFC’s publications, website, social media and any other medium. Therefore, all entrants are deemed to have agreed to the exhibition and other use of their art works by entering into this competition. However, no payment will be generated in any kind.
14. For more information about the competition, please contact HRFC office through.
Phone: 9851105877, 9851083215, 9851196107
ABOUT: Human Rights Film Center (HRFC) was established in 2009 by a team of media professionals, journalists and human rights activists. HRFC thrusts for GOOD FILMS FOR JUST SOCIETY.
HRFC has set its objective to use films and other forms of mass communication for the promotion and protection of human rights and dignity in order to create just, equal and peaceful society. It organizes film festival, training workshop, Film screening, film fellowship programs, grass root film making workshops, video advocacy and also works for the production of fiction and non-fiction film with cinematic quality.
To download entry form: Click here